Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday the 13th of November

Yesterday 18 years ago Phil was born.

Dad had snapped his calf muscle and was on crutches, so Mum, in labour, carried her own bag into the hospital.

I remember waking up early in the morning or very late at night (it was dark) and finding my Dad's parents, Grandma and Grandpa staying over  I remember standing behind our blue chairs in the "extension" (I thought that was what every child called their playroom), and them telling me that I had a new little brother called Phillip Christopher.  I must have been in grade 2, cause I remember going to school very excited and telling my class.

I also remember that he was 51 cm long.

I remember walking down the hall of the Mercy hospital (on the materity ward), the corridor was on the side of the building, so wards on one side of the corridors and windows with sunlight streaming in on the other, and I remember Ben and I being glad Phil was a boy, because it meant Ben wasn't screaming!

I remember he was very red (like most babies), and I was there when he had a bath after his first dirty nappy, ewww....first ones are really gross!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment