Monday, September 27, 2010

A year....?...That's a bit rude!

I should have written a post on here a few months ago, but never got around to it.  On Wednesday it will be one year.

I had a really vivid dream about Phil a couple of months ago, which made me Phil like I had just seen him for a few weeks to follow.

I was lying on my bed in Warragul and Phil came and was lying next to me, I had been feeling really encouraged in my walk with God and Phil was asking me questions about it.  He knew at that point (in my dream) that he was going to die (I think...) and he was asking me stuff about how he should be living and what he should do, and for some reason he thought he should ask me about it.....

Then next thing we were driving along in our old mitsubishi express van (Phil and I), it was night time.... Phil was driving.... now Phil never learnt to drive.  He got his Ls but had his brain stuff so wasn't allowed to drive.  So we are hooning along in the mitsubishi van and I'm saying...but Phil you can't drive!....... and he was like, yeah I learnt how to........anyway......some how we got stuck on some rail crossing (a random dream moment when the car shrank really small and got stuck between two sets of protective railings....so didn't get hit by the train but very close.....column shift manuals are always an adventure...particularly under pressure!... anyway when we managed to get across the crossing we pulled over to regain our composure and all these people hopped into the car - they thought we were some kind of taxi and it turned about they were planning on coming to our house for Christmas.....or some kind of celebration.

Anyway.  I don't know if that will make any sense to any of you.  But I woke up feeling like I had just seen him, I can still here his voice from the dream in my head.

I really miss Phil.  I thought that a year would seem like a long time, but it's not.  Phil's wallet is still in the same place on the bookshelf in his room. (Other things in the room have been changed but noone has got around to cleaning that shelf....), it's only one year.

At a birthday lunch the other day it came out that when Mum was pregnant with Melinda the doctor thought she might have been twins (only because of the position she in), but I'm rather disappointed that Phil never got to hear that... imagine the fat jokes he would have made.

Not sure what else to say, but I wrote a song a few years ago, and it is kinda random how some songs I've written almost get more relevant as my life progresses.....weird...anyway the chorus goes like this:

Time heals, or so they say
But it it wasn't for time there wouldn't be anything to heal
I wish I could go back to days of innocence long gone.

That's what I wish.

Kris x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing that Kris, your dreams are about as random as mine, but a gift for you from God I think! You all have been a lot on my heart this week...enjoy Phil's voice in your head, blessings, Tina Cannon and all the Thailand Cannons

    ReplyDelete