Friday, October 16, 2009

....17 days....

It been about 17 days and about 11 1/2 hours, in some ways that is a long time, it's over half a month, which is the same as more than two weeks, but it feels like no time has passed at all to me. 

Friends I have come to know on this journey have a blog they started for their son, Ben, who passed away from cancer last December.  It was their blog that motivated me to start this one. When I read back to the posts that were written by his parents and family last December the same words want to come out of my mouth, but that would be plagiarism.... :)  But reading their thoughts and feelings gives me some idea of where to start, what to do next, and also the fact thtat it won't sort itself out overnight....  It also gives me some insight into the brains of my parents (as most of the posts are written by Ben's mum and dad, Lindy and Chris).  Anyway they shared the link to this blog on their blogspot, so I wanted to do the same.

To go to their most recent posts... click here.
To have a look at December click here.
It's nice to have other people to share the journey with, meaning you, and also people who are as Lindy said "cancer companions", people who are on a similar journey to us. 

Kris x

1 comment:

  1. thankyou for this blog and for your honesty throughout it all...many of us felt your pain in different degrees losing loved ones of our own to cancer over recent years and the things that happen in those last weeks and days...you are an amazing family and I praise God that you all have each other to love and care for....families are precious and especially precious when you have God as the head of your home xxx Kaylene Gardner

    ReplyDelete